So my tri's and biking are done for the season. It leaves me a little deflated. I always need something to work towards to keep me motivated. I am trying to enjoy the fact that I don't need to stress myself out over a race, but I like that, I feed on it. It probably drives Frank crazy- going to bed by 10 on a Friday and not drinking, but it makes me happy. As I like to say, if the wife isn't happy, the husband is definitely not happy.
Anyway- so my plan for the off-season is to get crazy buff. If I make my workouts a priority I am fine on that end. My hardest part is my diet. I don't necessarily eat bad I just eat too much. Except for certain sweets and pizza, if those are in my view I eat way too much of those. I have some friends who are dietitians who offered to help but I may go a different route. While I do not doubt their ability to help me, I think I may need a different type of push.
So far I have had made some small changes that have helped. I just need to keep doing things that fit into my lifestyle, but that also push me to reach the ultimate goals I would like to reach- all which involve becoming more competitive in races and doing longer races. My dream is to do an Ironman, but with my hip and inability to really run, I need to be thankful that I least I can do the Sprints and maybe I can work my way up to the Olympic.
I am very lucky to have 3 triathlons that all race the same course 5 minutes from my house. No need to worry about travel, forgetting anything or not knowing the course. The last tri I did this summer the run was an out and back (as they usually are), but the mileage wasn't marked. So none of us knew where the turn around was and we were all getting very antsy to get there. We didn't know how much energy we could expend because we didn't know how much more we had to run.
I also want to fit in at least one more bike ride next summer and do the 75 miler for the City-to-Shore. I have to figure out how to train more efficiently and how to fit all of it in.
Here's to cross training in the fall and winter! Frank and I plan to do boxing and hopefully that works out. I had to pull out of the class last year due to plantar fasciitis. But it is an amazing work out and I am trying to prepare myself for the class this time around so I don't have to quit.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment