Thursday, February 7, 2008
Restaurant Week
So Frank and I participated in restaurant week. We went to Mercato http://www.mercatobyob.com/. For our appetizer we got a plate of Italian meats, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and crostini. Our kind of food. The problem with it was that the meats were a plain salami and a prosciutto that was not sliced thin.Frank's meal was not properly described. What sounded like meat with a side of pasta, was more of stew with meat and pasta. I got a flavored pasta but it turns out the pasta with Franks dish was more flavorful. But after all is said and done we enjoyed ourselves and the food very much. After Mercato we continued on the town and went somewhere I have been wanting to go to for a while, Tria's. We went to the location at 12th & Spruce. I am in love. If Tria expanded to Manayunk, we'd be broke. Frank and I had contests to see who could order the better tasting wine. We split. And since they have good beer there too, if I drag Frank there a lot, he won't get overloaded on wine. We joined their club and I am eager to try 25 different wines so I can win my club prize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment