Thursday, September 20, 2007
Getting ready for autumn
and ultimately the next spring and summer. I have spent the last couple of nights out in my garden cleaning out the weeds. My biggest road block have been the bees that are enjoying some of my biggest plants. I don't feel like upsetting 30 some odd bees. Last night I decided to start moving around some of my plants. I moved one of the lavender plants to the front of the garden; there were other plants that were basically growing on top of it and it no longer had the sunlight or air circulation it needed. Although it is now one day later and the lavender, anise, lemon balm and rudbekia I moved all look very sad and I am very sad because I don't want to move plants to kill them. So the rest of the plants I want to move I'll move in the spring. Most of those plants are in their prime now and the bees are going nutty enjoying all of the flowers on them. Hopefully those I have moved will bounce back, I am crossing my fingers but not entirely hopeful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Andrea...
I may hve shot a picture of your garden area back in June of this year..What are the chances?
I spent 4 hours in town revisiting places from a past life and shot of 400 photographs.
See my blog of June 2007...The pictures in in the June 07 issue.
Post a Comment