Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Garden
So last night we ate a lot of fresh veggies from the garden. We ate the best eggplant ever (a very skinny, long eggplant), summer squash (very good) and hot peppers. We also had a ton of string beans and yellow beans and I need to go out today and pick some more. The are very prolific. All in all, very delicious. It looks like I will have more eggplant, summer squash, hot peppers, zucchini and peas this weekend. The corn stalks are looking healthy and I am eager for the sunflowers to bloom. I have been putting branches of the mint plant in vases (mint is very invasive and needs to be cut regularly to be controlled) and they last forever in the vases. I have had some mint in vases for two weeks now and it still looks freshly cut. At the moment I have two favorite parts of my garden: the corner with tons of orange flowers and echinacea (such an eye catcher) and the corner with the crepe myrtles, lavender and butterfly bushes. Only my pink crepe myrtle has bloomed so far and it is stunning. The white still has yet to bloom. The butterfly bushes started blooming and they are so striking and fragrant. My gourds are a little annoying. I didn't realize they would try and strangle everything in their wake. But some parts of them have moved onto the fence, so that's fine. My hollyhocks have trouble staying up so I have staked them. But now the flowers are dying off and it doesn't look that nice. I also have a problem weeding because I also planted a bunch of seeds and I don't know what I planted and what are weeds. Oh well. My garden kicks ass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i loooooooove gardening!
I'm going to be in your neck of the woods this sunday-wednesday. well, sorta. I'll be in Atlantic City but we'll be in Philly on Tuesday so I can take pictures.
any suggestions for where I should go?
maybe we could meet for lunch? I make no promises until I talk to Matt, buuuut...?
ps-glad you're blogging. and glad you're posting pictures. and, while we're at it, glad to know you. :)
Post a Comment